Why go into insurance? That’s a great question. I feel as if many of the agents that I know never planned on being agents.
I feel as if many of the agents that I know never planned on being agents.
So, where did it all start for me? Somewhere in 2015.
I was working a corporate job and felt like there was something more out there for me. So, I listened to a friend and gave insurance a try part time. I spent my spare time studying for the state exam, passed it, and went to work selling insurance.
Insurance is something you can do part-time or full-time!
A little over a year into it I realized that this was something I could do and the opportunity would put me in the driver’s seat of my career. So, after 17 years in corporate America I put in my two weeks and took the leap with no business loan finalized.
Four years later here I am working on growing an agency!
If your story sounds similar to mine, if insurance has always interested you, or if you are just looking for something different, check out these five awesome reasons to go into insurance!
5 Reasons To Go Into Insurance:
1. The opportunity and passion to help other people. To truly do insurance successfully you have to sell on way more than just price. You’re protecting not only someone’s major investment, but also their personal assets. There’s truly so much help you can provide when you focus on bringing value.
2. You can follow your interests! Is your interest classic cars, fishing, small businesses, racing, farming, etc.? Guess what all of these topics need insured and you can truly follow your passion!
3. The business can be transferred to family! You’re building something of value. Growing and building a book and a business is an asset that can be taken over by family. As you build your book and business, you’re building a portfolio of clients. This portfolio has monetary value!
4. Make your own hours. Sure there are core hours, but at the end of the day you’re the business owner. My time does not follow a traditional 9 to 5, and I love it!
5. Unlimited income potential. The only limit is you. From your networking, to marketing, to your ability to close business, your income potential truly relies on you! You set how much you make!
I would love to hear from you and hear why you are considering pursuing a career in insurance. If you have any questions or want to know more please don't hesitate to reach out!